Published on - 11-04-2017
(Evenings Monday to Thursday 5-9.30 & two Saturdays in 3 from 8am to 1pm)
We are looking to recruit a reliable and hardworking person, with a range of practical skills, to join our Site Services Team. Duties of this post will include minor repair work, cleaning, caretaking and welcoming evening visitors to the school.
Annual salary £9,638 - £10,676 (according to experience). Working hours: 22 hours weekly, 52 weeks per year – fixed term contract for one year in the first instance.
For details and an application form, please visit see below. Alternatively, telephone Jo Cameron, Assistant to the Staffing & Business Leader on 01256 362532 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CVs will not be accepted. Closing date for applications: 25 April 2017 at 12 noon.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks
Job Title: Site Assistant (Evenings/Sat morning-2 in 3)
Post Holder: Vacant
Responsible to: Staffing & Business Leader
Hours of Work: 22 hours per week/52 weeks per year
Job Purpose: Overall Site Security, meeting site users & managing evening bookings at the school, cleaning specified areas
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To be responsible for unlocking and locking of premises, maintaining security of buildings by ensuring any areas not required for use are locked and secure.
2. To act as a key holder in emergencies and attend school in response to “call outs” in emergencies.
3. To liaise with hirers/users of the site and ensure all needs are met. Collect money from users and receipt as required according to the Weekly Schedule. Any problems to be recorded on this schedule.
4. When there are Open Evenings/Parents Evenings, liaise with the necessary staff for any additional help required (e.g. cleaning, movement of furniture etc).
5. To clean those areas agreed with the Site Manager whilst on evening shift. This would include any removal of litter prior to Parents Evenings.
6. Health & Safety – during the Saturday shift ensure that all Health & Safety records in the allocated area are up-to-date. This will include legionella, flushing, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers – as per instructions from the Site Manager.
7. Site Services Help Desk – undertake any minor repairs as instructed, record time taken and complete job, communicating with the raiser of the request at all times.
8. To be aware of the Emergency Evacuation Procedure, Fire Policy, Health & Safety Policy and Accident Report Procedure.
9. Complete any training required/necessary as instructed by the Site Manager.
10. Any other duties within the purview of the post.
(with potential for additional responsibilities) Due to increasing numbers we are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full-time...
The students and staff at Brighton Hill Community School need YOU! If you enjoy the challenge of working with and relating to young people in an educ...
Due to increasing numbers we are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full-time Teacher of Geography from September 2017 - applic...
We are seeking to appoint a full time Teacher of English from September 2017, applications from current trainees or NQTs are welcome. Brighton ...
We are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full-time (part-time or job share would be considered) Teacher of Mathematics from Se...
Thank you for your interest in applying for a post at Brighton Hill Community School. We hope that the information included in this pack will en...
Brighton Hill Community School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and e...