Q: How will I know how my child is doing and how will you help me to support my child’s learning?
Supporting Your Child & Learning Support Department
Published on - 16-05-2016
- All students in Years 7-10 complete an interactive reading comprehension test twice per year. The results and recommendations are analysed and shared with all teaching staff, the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Governors. This ensures that support is targeted correctly and progress is tracked.
- The results of these assessments are made available on the school’s Special Educational Needs Register and are accessible to all teaching and classroom based staff to aid differentiation in the classroom.
- The progress and attainment levels of students with special educational needs are analysed and regular reports are made to the Board of Governors.
- Parents are contacted by phone if there is any cause for concern or significant change regarding their child’s support and by letter when a new programme of intervention is planned. However, they are not necessarily contacted for routine assessment of progress or any less significant change in support.
- All relevant staff members are notified of changes in students’ needs via the Special Educational Needs Register; regular email updates; the daily staff briefing or through direct meetings.