Q: What is the pastoral, medical and social support available in the school?
Supporting Your Child & Learning Support Department
Published on - 16-05-2016
- The school uses a positive behaviour management system. Every lesson, every student will receive a stamp from the teacher for abiding by the five golden rules:
- On Time
- On Task
- Stamps are monitored by tutors and are linked to rewards such as the Leavers’ Ball or the opportunity to go to Thorpe Park during a school day. This enables the Heads of Year to identify students who are falling behind their peers, to investigate and to address the reasons for this.
- BHCS operates a horizontal tutoring system, which means that students are placed with students from the same Year group in KS4.
- In Key Stage 3, students are placed in to a vertical tutoring system which allows for the Year 7 students to be supported and mentored by our current Year 8 students.
- Tutors are the main point of contact for parents/carers about their child’s pastoral and social well-being.