Teacher of Modern Languages (MFL)
Information & Vacancies
Published on - 05-02-2019
We are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full-time (part-time or job share would be considered) Teacher of French and preferably with Spanish from September 2019 or earlier if possible. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Brighton Hill Community School has recently been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 680 students. You will teach across the age and ability range and make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students and our journey to being an outstanding school
- Able to create a stimulating learning environment to promote exceptional progress and high engagement
- Passionate about teaching and learning and your own professional development
- Able to make a significant contribution to the development of the MFL Faculty
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
- High quality support from the MFL faculty which has a track record of excellent GCSE results and the Senior Leadership Team, including our ambitious new Headteacher
- “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
- "Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
- The opportunity to innovate and develop your professional skills through a comprehensive and innovative professional development programme which seeks to develop all staff
- The chance to be part of a dedicated team committed to improving outcomes for our students, who “enjoy school and are proud to wear the uniform and be part of what they call the ‘#YellowArmy’. They recognise and welcome the recent improvements to the school, commenting very favourably to inspectors about the changes they see.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
- A clear vision for Teaching and Learning which embraces current research and creative practice
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you. We welcome applications from talented NQTs who will benefit from high-quality induction support.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website: www.brightonhill.hants.sch.uk. Alternatively, telephone Jo Levett, HR Officer on 01256 362532 or email: email@example.com
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 25th February at midday.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks