Brighton Hill Community School
Free School Meals
Information & Free School Meals
Did you know?
Children receiving free school meals are anonymous due to the biometric system used for payment of food by students.
If your child is eligible and you apply:
- Your child will receive Free School Meals on a daily basis
- The school receives additional funding to help support the progress of our students
The school spends some of this additional funding on things like:
- Additional resources for students to use in and out of lessons, e.g. revision guides, calculators
- Providing a breakfast club that runs before school
- Support for students with reduced prices for trips
- Support for students with reduced prices for music lessons
- Revision sessions after school and during Easter (for Yr11 students)
- Support for enrichment activities such as Duke of Edinburgh
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
If you are in receipt of ONE of the following then you can apply for Free School Meals.
- Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 AND Parent/Legal Carer status
Click here to find out about documentary evidence required for any point listed.